June Tune-up Tuesday
by Patty Adamik
June is a fire month filled with passion and its energy is yang or masculine. It is more in the doing-action kind of mode.
It makes perfect sense then that June is a masculine month, honoring the father and bringing the passion of supporting that creation as it makes its debut into the world.
Before we get into the symbols and energy of June, let’s recap where we have been so far this year.
- January was dedicated to Janus, the god of beginnings and endings and keeper of portals. We closed the door on the old year and opened to new possibilities.
- February was about self-love and owning all our parts, even and especially our ‘shadow side’. You can’t really be free until you delve into the shadow part of yourself and recognize the gifts it offers.
- March was all about manifestation. Harnessing the creative energy of Springtime, we let new growth unfurl.
- April saw the beauty of a full budding of your creation shine forth.
- May honored the Blessed Mother and her nurturing energy – caring for the creation that already exists.
June is motivating, exciting and enthusiastic celebrating this very powerful element.
It is a source of energy but it can also be destructive. Fire needs to have proper boundaries to keep it in check. You have probably heard (and most likely lived) the expression “burning your candle at both ends”. That only leads to burn out.
The proper use of fire requires a boundary and also needs fuel to sustain.
Feed it with appreciation for boundaries, nutrition and also rest.
Think of smoldering embers. They look almost dead but are only sleeping. A quick breeze, some extra fuel and WHOOOSH, it’s burning brightly again.
This is exactly what to keep in mind as you harness this powerful energy of the Sun in June to feed your own passionate pursuits.
Good boundaries, proper feeding and occasional rest will let you harness and channel the fire energy of June.
My gift to you this Tune-Up Tuesday is a special fire energy meditation designed especially for the Summer Solstice – although it is powerful any time.
Since you are a fluid being, mostly composed of water, I invite you to approach the fire energy of June with this in mind:
Fire and Water are a powerful mix – keeping each other in balance and check.
Fire can evaporate water – Water can put out a fire. But, in the right balance, they create steam. Steam energy is what drove the industrial revolution, steam still generates significant electrical power. As a water being with fire energy, you can create the ‘STEAM’ needed to bring your passion forward for living your best life now!